Ban Vatnong, Sakkaline Road
Luang Prabang, Laos
- Cave of a Thousand Buddhas in Luang Prabang Laos Journal: 150 page lined notebook/diary
- Eternal Harvest: The Legacy of American Bombs in Laos
- Chiang Mai to Laos: The Slow Boat to Luang Prabang (Thai Travel Guide Book 5)
- Ancient Luang Prabang & Laos
- Southeast Asia On a Rope: Thailand and Laos: Thailand, Laos, Luang Prabang, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Nong Khai, Bangkok
Luang Prabang, Laos: In the kingdom of a million elephants
Luang Prabang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located in the northern section of Laos. The ancient former capital of the country is surrounded by mountains, at the meeting point of the Mekong and Nam Khan Rivers. The temples, colonial French architecture, the landscape make for a gorgeous, memorable visit.
The 3 Nagas, a hotel set in three World Heritage buildings, combines traditional Lao architecture with a boutique hotel sensibility. Rooms are simple and lovely and the staff couldn't be more welcoming. The hotel has a good restaurant that serves traditional Laotian home cooking. Rates start at $105 per night.