Ban Vatnong, Sakkaline Road
Luang Prabang, Laos
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, the second edition: Completely Revised and Updated with Over 200 New Entries
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Cambodia & Laos
- Lonely Planet Laos (Travel Guide)
- Frommer's Barcelona Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
- Laos Unanchor Travel Guide - Laos: 5-7 days of exploring Vientiane and Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang, Laos: In the kingdom of a million elephants
Luang Prabang is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located in the northern section of Laos. The ancient former capital of the country is surrounded by mountains, at the meeting point of the Mekong and Nam Khan Rivers. The temples, colonial French architecture, the landscape make for a gorgeous, memorable visit.
The 3 Nagas, a hotel set in three World Heritage buildings, combines traditional Lao architecture with a boutique hotel sensibility. Rooms are simple and lovely and the staff couldn't be more welcoming. The hotel has a good restaurant that serves traditional Laotian home cooking. Rates start at $105 per night.