INFO32nd Annual Mooning of Amtrak
Laguna Niguel, CA
- 300 Unmissable Events and Festivals Around the World (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
- Gutsy Women: More Travel Tips and Wisdom for the Road (Travelers' Tales Guides) (No.2)
- Hotel Secrets from the Travel Detective: Insider Tips on Getting the Best Value, Service, and Security in Accommodations from Bed-and-Breakfasts to Five-Star Resorts
- Luxury Hotels Top of the World
- The Hotel and Restaurant Business, 6th Edition
Laguna Niguel, CA: Dropping trou
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that could be the 32nd annual Mooning Amtrak event that takes place railside in Orange County's Laguna Niguel.
Started in 1979, as many great things do, as a bar dare ('drinks for everyone who goes out and moons the next train'), the tradition has no organizers, no admission charge, no more free drink offers, nor, it must be said, any particular meaning. Still, it's a hoot.
It takes place this year on July 9th, all day, and into the night, when flashlights are pressed into service.
If mooning Amtrak trains sounds like your idea of a good time—and you know who you are—head to the O.C. for some r & r (rail & rumps) with fellow moonshiners.