INFO32nd Annual Mooning of Amtrak
Laguna Niguel, CA
- Best Bike Rides Orange County, California: The Greatest Recreational Rides in the Metro Area (Best Bike Rides Series)
- Gutsy Women: More Travel Tips and Wisdom for the Road (Travelers' Tales Guides) (No.2)
- Around the World in 500 Festivals: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture (Culture Smart!)
- 300 Unmissable Events and Festivals Around the World (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
- Southern California: A Guide for the Eyes (Guides for the Eyes)
Laguna Niguel, CA: Dropping trou
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that could be the 32nd annual Mooning Amtrak event that takes place railside in Orange County's Laguna Niguel.
Started in 1979, as many great things do, as a bar dare ('drinks for everyone who goes out and moons the next train'), the tradition has no organizers, no admission charge, no more free drink offers, nor, it must be said, any particular meaning. Still, it's a hoot.
It takes place this year on July 9th, all day, and into the night, when flashlights are pressed into service.
If mooning Amtrak trains sounds like your idea of a good time—and you know who you are—head to the O.C. for some r & r (rail & rumps) with fellow moonshiners.