INFOBernardini Luxury Vintage
Via Caradosso 2
Tel: 02 4818697
- Lonely Planet Italy (Travel Guide)
- Fodor's Italy 2016 (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Rick Steves Snapshot Milan & the Italian Lakes District
- Streetwise Milan Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Milan, Italy - Folding pocket size travel map with metro map
- Italy: The 30 Best Tips For Your Trip To Italy - The Places You Have To See (Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, Naples) (Volume 1)
Milan, Italy: A genteel trove of gentleman's finery
It all started with watches.
Milanese Max Bernardini was a dealer in rare and vintage timepieces, building upon his father's legacy as an expert in antique jewelry. But his negozio, a stone's throw from the Santa Maria delle Grazie (where The Last Supper lives), is much more than a watch shop: It's where someone who tells time by, say, a Patek Philippe from 1939 would outfit the rest of his very covetable life.
Such a man makes today's renewed interest in the bespoke seem like so much frivolity and dandyism. Such a man would clearly need a set of monogrammed steamer trunks, or a Louis Vuitton golf bag, or a gold cigar-cutter by Hermès, or a Baccarat bar set. Well, he wouldn't need them, Bernardini has said, "but he might deserve."
Along with other purveyors of such finery, Bernardini sells some of his pieces at LuxuryVintage.net—but if you only went to the website, you'd miss the particularly exquisite experience of slipping back to a time and place of Gatsbyian and Bondian elegance.
That, and the thrill of sipping a mojito prepared by the shop's full-time bartender.