3692 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Streetwise San Francisco Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of San Francisco, California - Folding pocket size travel map with BART map, MUNI lines, bus routes
- Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to 800 of the Best Barbecue Joints, Lobster Shacks, Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much, Much More
- Fodor's San Francisco 2013: with the Wine Country (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Lonely Planet California's Best Trips (Regional Guide)
- Frommer's San Francisco Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
San Francisco, CA: One of the best scoops ever
What kind of ice cream did you grow up on?
For us it was Sealtest in the rectangular box, Friendly's Fribbles, and Chocolate Eclair bars from the Good Humor man. We loved all of it, but none of it would hold a candle to San Francisco's Bi-Rite Creamery.
Bi-Rite uses organic dairy from the Straus Family Creamery (located 45 miles away) and everything they do is with an eye toward sustainability. That might be a noble, not especially noteworthy business model if the ice cream wasn't so freaking delicious.
Do you want brown sugar ice cream with ginger caramel swirl? You do. Coffee toffee. God, yes. But most of all, you want the salted caramel, made up of these five ingredients: organic sugar, cream, salt, organic milk, and organic eggs. It is beyond. It is worth a trip to San Francisco to have. It is so frustrating that they don't ship.