Cocoa Island, Maldives: Intensive vacation therapy
Frazzled, are we? Fraying around the edges a bit? Why don't you put down the BlackBerry and de-ear the Bluetooth for a moment. Let's talk about this.
When's the last time you had a vacation? A real vacation. Not visiting your in-laws, not racing the kids through Disney World. Va-ca-tion.
Imagine sea breezes rousing you to the sound of water lapping and gulls cawing, as sun bounces off the water to sparkle on a big palm-leaf fan circling lazily overhead. You (slowly!) get out of bed and—oh, look at that, you're on your on private turquoise lagoon. Hello.
Your to-do list for today:
1) Swap morning coffee for fresh, iced coconut milk
2) Snorkel off private sundeck
3) Take outdoor shower, watching bottlenose dolphins frolic in distance
4) Eliminate toxins via Indian head massage at Como Shambhala Retreat spa (or sunset seaside yoga, or both—hey, why not, you're on vacation)
5) Absorb different, better toxins via ginger mojito at Faru Bar, followed by masala-spiced lobster grilled in tandoor at Ufaa restaurant
6) Retreat to stilted cottage and let lapping water lull you to sleep
Tomorrow: Repeat steps 1 through 6.
Naturally, there's lightning-fast WiFi all over the Cocoa Island resort. But what if you pretended there wasn't?
Rates start at $780/night.