- Ultimate Handbook Guide to Rotterdam : (Netherlands) Travel Guide
- Rick Steves’ Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: The Netherlands
- Lonely Planet The Netherlands (Travel Guide)
- Rotterdam, Netherlands Travel Guide - Sightseeing, Hotel, Restaurant & Shopping Highlights (Illustrated)
Rotterdam, Netherlands: A spire with inspiring views
Some hotels can ruin your sleep: all kinds of people doing all kinds of things at all times of night, the noise passing through unhelpfully thin walls. On the other hand, there are only two rooms at the Euromast. And you're in a tower. Way up in a tower.
Rotterdam's tallest building, built in 1960 and extended ten years later to maintain the claim, the tower has an observation deck, brasserie and two rooms, one dubbed Heaven, the other (wait for it…) Stars.
The rooms are attractively contemporary, with the full range of amenities—WiFi, TV with DVD player, minibar and AC. Air conditioning is provided by nature during the colder months; the website is up front about the single glaze of the windows.
Amazing views, of course, come with the rooms. But you also get the Euromast's balcony all to yourself from 10pm until morning. And bragging rights long after.