INFOHotel Boca Chica
Fraccionamiento las Playas
Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
Tel: 744 483 6741
- Drink in a full photo tour of the Boca Chica at Design Hotels.
- THE WEST COAST OF MÉXICO: A Cruise Adventure
- The Stormrider Surf Guide - Mexico (Stormrider Surf Guides)
- The Mexican Dream: How to Retire, Live, Travel and Adventure in Mexico: Nuts and Bolts on How to Live Outside Cancun, Cabo or Acapulco
- Puerto Vallarta & Pacific Mexico (Regional Travel Guide)
- The Rough Guide Snapshot Mexico: Acapulco and the Pacific beaches
Acapulco, Mexico: Old-Hollywood glamour for less than $100 a night
The vistas from this seaside hotel are more South of France than south of the border, so it's no surprise that Hotel Boca Chica was once a favorite away-from-it-all retreat for the likes of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley.
That was during Acapulco's heyday, which projects like the Boca Chica's recent three-year renovation are helping to revive. Hoteliers Grupo Habita tapped Mexican artist Claudia Fernández for the interior design: It's a dazzlingly chic take on old-Hollywood style, from conch-shell lamps to vintage barber chairs in the 24-hour spa.
Every single one of the hotel's 36 rooms has a private balcony, so you can play Reclusive Celebrity on Vacation. Or stake out one of the many spots around the property for lounging, sipping cocktails, sunning and soaking up ocean breezes.
Perhaps the most retro touch at the Boca Chica is the price. Rates start at $95 a night, and the hotel is currently running winter specials, including a 25 percent discount when you book five nights.