INFOLas Paletas Gourmet Popsicles
2907 12th Avenue South
Tel: 615 386 2101
- Insiders' Guide® to Nashville (Insiders' Guide Series)
- Moon Nashville (Moon Handbooks)
- Now You Know Nashville - 2nd Edition: The Ultimate Guide to the Pop Culture Sights and Sounds That Made Music City
- Nashville 2017 : 20 Cool Things to do during your Trip to Nashville: Top 20 Local Places You Can't Miss! (Travel Guide Nashville- Tennessee)
- Folded Map Nashville TN Street
Nashville, TN: Icy Mexican treats for dog days
First you have to find it: The tiny, white-walled, sign-less shop is tucked away in a building that's art deco-meets-the-future on a nondescript stretch of Nashville's 12th South neighborhood (on our first stab, we drove by it a couple of times).
Then you have to hit it when it's open, which is Tuesday-Saturday only (we stayed in Music City an extra day just so we wouldn't miss out. Seriously).
But when the stars align, a visit to Las Paletas will make your heart and tastebuds soar. Sisters Norma Paz and Irma Paz Bernstein have been serving up frozen riffs on traditional MichoacÃ¡n frozen treats for nearly a decade.
Flavors change daily. Some are fruit ices, others creamy delights that taste a little like frozen gelato. Some favorites, in no particular order: Watermelon, blackberry lime, avocado, rose petal (amazing), and anything with chili pepper, like the cucumber- or pineapple-chili.
Our suggestion: Start subtle and work your way up to ones with a kick (um, yeah, you'll be having more than one).