127 Rue Pinoteau
Mont-Tremblant, Quebec Canada
- L'Ete Indien au Mont Tremblant, Quebec: Forets Flamboyantes D'automne au Quebec Canada (Calvendo Places) (French Edition)
- Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Michelin Green Guide Normandy (Green Guide/Michelin)
- The Great Central Canada Bucket List: One-of-a-Kind Travel Experiences (The Great Canadian Bucket List)
- Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014 (Full-color Travel Guide)
Mont-Tremblant, QC: Gear up for your ride at this cozy inn.
A bicycle and a little luck with the weather are the key ingredients to a great vacation in the Laurentian Mountains north of Montreal on le P'tit Train du Nord. That's the abandoned railway line that was repurposed in 1996 into a biking/hiking trail from Bois-des-Filion to Mont-Laurier.
You get all kinds of gorgeous landscape in the course of its 142 miles. It's a relatively flat grade as you wend your way alongside rivers, lakes, forests, and through villages. Van services will get your luggage where it needs to go. There are plenty of restaurants where you can fuel up. And when you need to sleep, check into Le Lupin, a log chalet-turned-auberge near the Tremblant resort.
It's a B & B with easygoing, charming hosts who welcome cyclists, offer a comfortable respite and a fine breakfast before the next leg of your trip. Prices in high season are roughly $125 for two.