INFOMeat and Bread
370 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
- Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria: with Whistler, Vancouver Island & the Okanagan Valley (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Fodor's Pacific Northwest: with Oregon, Washington & Vancouver (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Top 10 Vancouver & Victoria (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
- Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island (Moon Handbooks)
- Streetwise Vancouver Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, BC: Lunch done right
Margaret Visser's classic book Much Depends on Dinner comes to mind, but with one key edit: Lunch.
Meat & Bread, Vancouver's sandwich shop, only has a few options, but they're enough. And really, you could stop with the porchetta. Carved and chopped to order, stuffed into ciabatta bread, topped with crackling, and sized correctly (if you're looking for quantity, this won't be your kind of place), it's a sandwich for the ages.
The place is smartly designed, so sit at the communal table, enjoy the surroundings, and do not fail to get the maple bacon ice cream sandwich for dessert.