19 South 22nd Street
- Fodor's Philadelphia (Travel Guide)
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- Philadelphia 25 Secrets - The Locals Travel Guide For Your Trip to Philadelphia (Pennsylvania - USA): Skip the tourist traps and explore like a local : Where to Go, Eat & Party in Philadelphia 2016
- AMC's Best Day Hikes Near Philadelphia: Four-Season Guide To 50 Of The Best Trails In Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, And Delaware
- Rand Mcnally Regional Map Philadelphia & Southeast Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA: Medical oddities on heart-stopping, skin-crawling display
Step right up, ladies and gents, for a look at delights including (but in no way limited to):
1. The attached livers of famed Siamese twins Chang and Eng
2. Upwards of 2,000 objects swallowed, removed and neatly categorized in drawers
3. A nine-foot colon that once belonged to a sideshow personality known as the Human Balloon (we'll let you use your imagination on that one)
4. The 100-head-strong Hyrtl Skull Collection (pictured) and the tallest skeleton on record in North America, at just shy of 8 feet
5. A corpse turned to soap
6. Baby deformities galore
Part of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, the museum was born when Dr. Thomas Dent Mütter turned over his private collection, in 1858, for purposes of medical research and education.
Not for the faint (or even the somewhat sturdy) of heart.