19 South 22nd Street
- Streetwise Philadelphia Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Philadelphia, PA - Folding pocket size travel map with Septa metro map, bus map
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Philadelphia & The Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- Lonely Planet Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- The Philadelphia Inquirer's Walking Tour of Historic Philadelphia (Philadelphia Inquirer's Walking Tours of Historic Philadelphia)
- Moon Philadelphia: Including Pennsylvania Dutch Country (Moon Handbooks)
Philadelphia, PA: Medical oddities on heart-stopping, skin-crawling display
Step right up, ladies and gents, for a look at delights including (but in no way limited to):
1. The attached livers of famed Siamese twins Chang and Eng
2. Upwards of 2,000 objects swallowed, removed and neatly categorized in drawers
3. A nine-foot colon that once belonged to a sideshow personality known as the Human Balloon (we'll let you use your imagination on that one)
4. The 100-head-strong Hyrtl Skull Collection (pictured) and the tallest skeleton on record in North America, at just shy of 8 feet
5. A corpse turned to soap
6. Baby deformities galore
Part of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, the museum was born when Dr. Thomas Dent Mütter turned over his private collection, in 1858, for purposes of medical research and education.
Not for the faint (or even the somewhat sturdy) of heart.