INFOQueens County Farm Museum
73-50 Little Neck Parkway
Floral Park, Queens
New York, NY
Tel: 718 347 3276
- Humans of New York : Stories
- Frommer's EasyGuide to New York City 2017 (Easy Guides)
- New York: A Book of Colors (Hello, World)
- StreetSmart NYC Map by VanDam - City Street Map of Manhattan, New York, in 9/11 National Memorial Edition - Laminated folding pocket size city travel and subway map, 2017 Edition
- 2017 NEW YORK CITY RESTAURANTS (Zagat Survey New York City Restaurants)
New York, NY: Small-town harvest fun in the Big Apple
Some New Yorkers like to talk about how everything you could ever want, you can find right here in the city.
Think you have to drive off to Maine or Kansas for a good old-fashioned county fair with pig races? Nope. We got that. Right here in Queens.
First of all, the Queens County Fair is held at the oldest working farm in New York City—the Queens County Farm Museum dates to 1697.
From this cluster of barns on a parcel of land in Floral Park, you can buy eggs laid by NYC chickens and fleece shorn from NYC sheep, try wine made from the on-site vineyard and apples from the orchard. You can even attend dinners in the field where everything on your plate was grown or raised right here on the farm.
And at the annual Fair, held this year on September 17 and 18, you can have the distinctly odd experience of petting a Gloucester hog or watching a Costwold sheep being shorn with the tip of the Empire State Building rising in the distance.