INFORainbow Retreat Wilderness Eco Lodge and Cabins
No 1 Gillies Road St Marys
- Tasmania, Australia Sketchbook Diary: Solo adventure travel by a 65 year old woman, Tyler E. Burgess. Overland Track, 50 miles. East Coast bicycle tour, ... (Tyler E. Burgess' Sketchbook Diaries 1)
- Fodor's Essential Australia (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Lonely Planet Tasmania (Travel Guide)
- Tasmania, Australia's Island Wilderness: Exploring Australia's Best Kept Travel Secret (Australia Series)
- Tasmania Travel Guide: The Ultimate Tourist's Guide To Sightseeing, Adenture & Partying In Tasmania
Tasmania, Australia: Pademelons and bandicoots galore
When was the last time your travel involved pademelons? That's what we thought.
The Tasmanian marsupials share the island with wallabies, wombats, bandicoots, devils, blind velvet worms, and the lucky visitors to the Private Nature Reserve on which you'll find the Australian Eco-Certified Rainbow Retreat.
Solar-powered, timber-lined cabins are comfortable, with food and local wines available, and boast lovely views of the Bay of Fires coastline. The lodge makes a great home base for exploring gorgeous national parks like Freycinet and Douglas-Apsley. But even sticking close by is rewarding; among the pleasures are pristine beaches, fishing, and unique wildlife.
As getaways go, this is one that will stay with you.