- Top 12 Places to Visit in Finland - Top 12 Finland Travel Guide (Includes Helsinki, Suomenlinna, Rovaniemi, Turku, Tampere, Aland, & More)
- Rick Steves Snapshot St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn
- Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide)
- Helsinki Restaurant Guide 2017: Best Rated Restaurants in Helsinki, Finland - 500 Restaurants, Bars and Cafés recommended for Visitors, 2017
- Helsinki & Finland South 1:10,000/800,000 (International Travel Maps)
Helsinki, Finland: Where classical meets rock
One of the planet's best places to hear classical music has to be Helsinki's Temppeliaukio Church, a modernist marvel that uses natural rock to form the interior walls. Designed by Timo and Tuomo Suomalainen, the church opened in 1969 to a fair number of unholy catcalls.
Now, it's much loved and much visited by tourists. Instead of just turning up for a quick visit, try to catch one of the concerts of classical, chamber (check out the Helsinki Spring Light Chamber Music May 4-9, 2010) or holiday music. The acoustics are every bit as good as the visuals.