- Rick Steves Snapshot St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Tallinn
- Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide)
- Helsinki 2017 : 20 Cool Things to do during your Trip to Helsinki: Top 20 Local Places You Can't Miss! (Travel Guide Helsinki- Finland )
- Helsinki Travel Guide: The Top 10 Highlights in Helsinki (Globetrotter Guide Books)
- Helsinki: The Best Of Helsinki For Short Stay Travel
Helsinki, Finland: Where classical meets rock
One of the planet's best places to hear classical music has to be Helsinki's Temppeliaukio Church, a modernist marvel that uses natural rock to form the interior walls. Designed by Timo and Tuomo Suomalainen, the church opened in 1969 to a fair number of unholy catcalls.
Now, it's much loved and much visited by tourists. Instead of just turning up for a quick visit, try to catch one of the concerts of classical, chamber (check out the Helsinki Spring Light Chamber Music May 4-9, 2010) or holiday music. The acoustics are every bit as good as the visuals.