Stony Point and Roblar Road
Tel: 707 795 4544
- Afoot and Afield: Reno-Tahoe: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide
- Exploring the Back Roads: 28 Day Trips in the Greater Bay Area
- Insiders' Guide® to Reno and Lake Tahoe (Insiders' Guide Series)
- Haunted Nevada: Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Silver State (Haunted Series)
- Sonoma County Bike Trails: 29 Easy to Challenging Bicycle Rides for Touring and Mountain Bikes (Bay Area Bike Trails)
Cotati, CA: A 19th-century roadhouse in Sonoma. With pie!
When's the last time you happened upon an actual roadhouse in California wine country?
Built in 1859, the Washoe House was built as a stagecoach station between Petaluma, Santa Rosa and Bodega. Passengers could stop for some restorative food and drink en route to their final destination. (You could even get a little extra something with your lunch when Washoe House operated briefly as a brothel.)
These days it's mostly a character-filled relic of a colorful past (albeit one that serves homemade pie). Order something from the diner-fare menu and look up: Patrons have been stapling dollar bills to the ceiling for almost as long as the joint's been jumping.